September 05, 2008

[ El Fortin Solano]

A few saturdays ago my husband woke me up and said I should prepare for a surprise. I was asked to dress in comfortable shoes, sun protection and to bring along some water.

Though I was curious, I was afraid it would be another auto related outing so I kept quiet and let him drive. We went towards Puerto Cabello and started looking for a small town, this threw me off since it looked like we were off to the beach. After a few tries I figured out where we were going as my husband handed me a small travel guide he had put together abot the Fortin Solano.




We climbed 500 meters up the mountain and encountered a cop on his bike. It must have been around 10-10:30 am, and we continued a few meters up to the parking lot. We parked when I noticed a man dressed in a blue t-shirt and pants waving something at the cop on the motorcycle slowly climbing up. To my surprise the man was waving a gun, I inmediately told Oscar and he started to back away from the parking spot. A bit dissappointed he called the officer on his bike and had this little convo:

- Sir, is it my imagination, or did that man have a gun?
- Oh yeah, he does. No worries he is the officer that takes care of the place.

Oscar stopped the car, turned to me and asked if we should go back. But I just spoke to the officer and asked why was he waving the gun like that. To which he replied:

- Oh yeah, no worries, he´s just drunk.

Oh yeah, I was surprised. We got out of there as fast as we could.

Ah! Only in Venezuela the land of the possible.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home