March 21, 2009

[Birthday Celebration]

This year, my husband planned a surprise party for me, not only was I surprised, he was too. Everyday I understand more and more why people call Venezuela the land of possibilities.

A few weeks back we found the coolest place in town, the rock and roll bar. A small bar with a huge screen at the back of a restaurant in the entertainment district in Valencia. It had rock of all ages, cool videos, cheap beer, friendly staff, a wall covered in Rolling Stone Magazine covers and some tiki torches. At about 8 pm, our friend David called and said there was nothing where we told him to go. We thought he had gone around the block instead of inside the restaurant to the back to the bar, so we hung up the phone and took off.

Driving by the place, we didn't even slow down we just started screaming WHAAAAAAAAAAA?! then my very witty husband yelled out: SURPRISE!!!!! the restaurant and the bar have been demolished, to the ground, it is now a parking lot for the adjacent establishments. Yes, it dissapeared. And to think we were there the week before.

We were all surprised, a funny surprise... what a birthday!

As soon as I have one I will post a picture, but wow, what a night!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home