November 28, 2007

[ Sí ó No? ]



In a country divided by yes and no, I would like to paint my car with a huge MAYBE. As a foreigner in Venezuela it is hard to stay neutral. But it is quite interesting to see both parties advertise their opinion. In el Trigal, where I live there were quite a few disturbances the last two days (the referendum is this sunday, december 2) A bunch of students took the streets in several areas in Valencia. Damaging the streets, creating chaos while trying to make a point. They oppose the changes Chavez is trying to make to the constitution. I understand the point, but don´t they realize the damage they do to their own communities? As I understand, some people were blocking the same streets where they live. Violently burning debris and whatever else they could find on the roads. I am very confused at their actions, and sincerely scared at the violence I have witnessed these past few days. It is very sad that this gorgeous country is being destroyed by its own people.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home