January 08, 2008

[ Bilo, bilo, bilo...]

There is a place called the Big Low (mispronounced bilo) in Valencia, I haven´t been there too many times, and am quite happy not to go there too much. On a daily basis I live in a little bubble here, from our nice apartment to my office and back. Everything I need to survive is on the way home. I do take exploring trips on weekends, and stay within the nicer areas of the city.

Valencia is a city that looks nicer when you are in a car, the mountains and the tropical flora are gorgeous, but one of the things I enjoy the most here is listening and watching the tropical birds in the mornings and at dusk when they are heading to their nests. Valencia, I am told is not a very safe city, but so far I haven´t been a witness to any sort of violence, and I am more than happy to keep it that way.

And though Venezuela food is very tasty, somedays I miss home so much I feel tempted to go into an american-chain restaurant (such as McDonald´s or Wendy´s) instead I have opted to go to China town and get some familiar Chinese treats (isn´t the world a funny place) or Arabic restaurants to eat something familiar. Toronto did spoil me! Who knows, maybe one of these days I will take the bus that goes to bilo or downtown and explore the other side of Valencia, I may in fact be missing something fun.

Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home