April 16, 2008

[ Top Ten Reasons NOT to Blog ]

My Top Ten Reasons Not to Blog:

1 - Legal: most lawyers will advise that it is not a good idea.

2 - Time: of course I am a real time guy which is why I have my blogging time down to about 20 minutes per post. But there is still replying to comments and emails etc on top of that.

3 - ROI: the return on investment on a blog is very hard to measure

4 - Privacy: it makes you more public and being more public can make life more difficult

5 - Anonymous commenters can flame you

6 - Does the world really need more information?

7 - There is an obligation or pressure to keep posting

8 - It can tax the creativity to keep coming up with things to post

9 - As with any technology, things do not always work perfectly which can be frustrating

10 - It can waste other people's time. Is the information I offer of high enough value to warrant their time?

P.S. I still like having a place to keep track of whatever happens online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home