March 03, 2008

[ The Circus ]


If I had a choice about renaming the company I work for, it would be called the Circus. I´ve never laughed so much in my professional life as I have here in Valencia. We work hard oh yeah, but we laugh harder. I sit in the middle of a male dominated office, where we have the kid, the heartbreaker, the hardworker, the boss (nicknamed Kraken), the Scoundrels, the King of the motorized messengers and me. There is administration and the witch. Admin is made up of Blondie, the Mermaid, Xhiomi without boobs and the bosse´s wife. The witch is the witch and nobody likes her. Eveyone has nicknames I am M del Carmen (if I am in a bad mood) M del Valle (if I am am being a diva) M Matilde if I am joking around, and whatever other little nickname my office mates will call me (muñequita, amor, linda, princesa, etc) typical of the venezuelan society I am told. The sexual harrasment term doesn´t mean much here and the only way to fight it is to become one of the guys (but that is another post altogether).

Three rings, jumping hoops, fire eating and spitting, it all goes one here. We have fun clowns, amazing animals and fabulous fun. We watch cartoons, eat cookies, tell jokes, make fun of things and create wonderful work. It is a fun place to work and quite honestly a the circus is like a family and though you do a lot of work, do you have lots of fun and it is better than being out there in the jungle.

Click here to find out how you would fit in a circus.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home