January 30, 2008

[ Getting a Venezuelan Passport ]

It´s a wonder why so many venezuelans are getting their passports ready. (?) I am not sure if it is demand or supply but like most things government related, it is quite the trek to get any type of documentation done here.

You can find someone to set up an appointment for you for a mere 100Bs.F. (up to 300Bs.F.) I am told, but some of my friends and I decided to beat the system. (yes we are rebels!)

(unfinished post, still in process)

----

So I decided to spend sometime and arm myself with patience, and tried out three application forms. We filled out the forms and got 3 appointments through the site and we have had 2 succesful passports delievered so far. I made sure I read the instructions and gave each of the applicants the right amounts and documentation required.

The interesting point of this post is that everyone whom we´ve told about this little process has asked if we know someone in the DIEX (government office in charge of identification) or if we paid someone there, and if we didn´t pay, how much can they pay us to do it. All this leads me to believe that corruption is so deep in the DNA of everyone here, that to get anything done, corruption seems the easiest and in most cases the only way to get things done.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger cybarux@gmail.com said...

Hey!
Could you tell me how you did this?
I'm in New York, and i paid some guy to do it for me, but until now i have no reply!
Man... If i could do this for myself it would be great!
Could you help me? :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home